Old May 24th 10, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Oona King to run for Labour's Mayoral candidacy in 2012

"MIG" wrote in message

On 24 May, 15:11, Mizter T wrote:
On May 24, 3:08 pm, Mizter T wrote:

On May 24, 3:05 pm, Bruce wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2010 05:50:58 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T

Really interesting news. I think she'd make for a very strong
candidate.

Plus Diane Abbott for leader of the Labour Party?

No. [...]

FWIW I think Andy Burnham looks like quite an interesting candidate
for the leadership.

Not sure why you think Oona King would be a strong candidate, unless
you mean "likely to get the nomination".

As Mayor, a CV on the lines of "I'll agree that pink is blue if Tony
Blair says so" doesn't make her look like the kind of independent
character that is needed to stand up for London, or stand up for
anything.

Agreed, she's just too nice and ordinary. Oona Kings would probably not
do much better than Susan Kramer did in the first mayoral election in
2000, where she came fourth, beaten even by Frank Dobson. I think
London has proved that it likes big, noisy characters like Ken and
Boris, who have strong opinions on most things.