Old May 24th 10, 07:07 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

On 24 May, 19:51, E27002 wrote:
On May 24, 11:40*am, Mizter T wrote:

On May 24, 7:06*pm, E27002 wrote:

On May 24, 11:00*am, "Dr. Sunil" wrote: Some pictures:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&searc..."east+lon don+line"+2010

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...al_Palace..JPG
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...al_Palace..JPG
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi..._eastern_entra...
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...t_Brockley.JPG
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...st_Croydon.JPG

Thank you so much for posting. *I appreciate being able to see the new
service in operation from afar. *I note the implication that Brockley
Station is now "owned" by London Overground. *That is to say that the
TfL Roundel appears above the Network Rail Logo.

Don't want to bore anyone too much, but a correction and a
clarification follows...

(a) The double-arrow device is not the Network Rail logo, rather the
'National Rail logo' - that's in inverted commas because "National
Rail" is more of a concept than an actual entity, and it's really the
British Rail logo which has lived on after privatisation - the
copyright owned by the SoS Transport and is freely licensed for use by
the TOCs, and indeed my understanding is that it's also a requirement
at stations that are part of the National Rail network (or some such -
not sure if that's an ORR requirement of all stations, or a
requirement made by the DfT of operators providing franchised services
- and when I think about it I can't recall it appearing anywhere
outside St Pancras station, which is of course owned by LCR, albeit
managed on a day to day basis under contract by Network Rail... oh,
and did I say that LCR is currently wholly owned by central
government... confused? That was my intention!)

(b) Brockley station - and all the other LO managed stations, remain
in Network Rail ownership (though E27002's use of quotation marks
above suggest he knew as much). The tenant is basically TfL London
Rail, and day to day management is done by TfL's chosen operator LOROL
- but I think TfL's London Rail division are rather more involved in
'bigger stuff' like renovation projects etc.

Thank you for clarifying this Mizter T. *I know that the real estate
at Brockley belonged to Network Rail. *My understanding is that
according to convention the body with "operational ownership" had
their logo placed uppermost. * And, AFIK (please correct me) the
original East London stretch remains the property (in the real estate
sense) of TfL.

Back in February I posted that standard announcements on Brockley
station were preceded by "Southern Railway on behalf of London
Overground ..."

I assume that it was/is still staffed by Southern, with new rules
imposed at a distance by LO who have no idea about the implications of
totally f*cking idiotic decisions like locking the main exit in the
rush hour.