Old May 24th 10, 07:15 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

On May 24, 7:46*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
(b) Brockley station - and all the other LO managed stations, remain
in Network Rail ownership (though E27002's use of quotation marks
above suggest he knew as much). The tenant is basically TfL London
Rail, and day to day management is done by TfL's chosen operator LOROL
- but I think TfL's London Rail division are rather more involved in
'bigger stuff' like renovation projects etc.

Everything in their own 'signs standards' suggests that sign is the wrong
way round, doesn't it?

Not sure about that actually - if memory serves me right, most of the
signs on the NLL are that way around, with the roundel at the top...
let me see... yes, roundel at the top, NR symbol below - examples:

Canonbury
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/2441197183/
Dalston Kingsland
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55935853@N00/2428413915/
West Hampstead
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55935853@N00/3015550574/

This is what the TfL design standard for LO signs says (on page 21):

---quote---
Where an Overground station interchanges with the rest of the National
Rail network and that property is owned by National Rail, it is the
National Rail logo that is displayed before the Overground roundel.
---/quote---

I think this is 'interchange' in terms of how it's done on the Tube
map - i.e. a new interchange opportunity, rather than two services
running along the same route for some distance. Under that reading
there wouldn't be that many places where this would apply - West
Croydon, Harrow & Wealdstone, Shepherd's Bush perhaps - though w.r.t.
the latter whoever designed/authorised this seems to think not:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/3958791927/

Open to interpretation I suppose.

BTW, couldn't find Flickr photos of any H&W signage - did find this of
West Croydon which I believe was taken by a certain PC of this parish,
looks as though the signage revolution / LO signage police haven't got
there yet.