Old May 24th 10, 07:45 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

On May 24, 7:51*pm, E27002 wrote:

On May 24, 11:40*am, Mizter T wrote:

On May 24, 7:06*pm, E27002 wrote:

On May 24, 11:00*am, "Dr. Sunil" wrote: Some pictures:
[snip]
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...rance_2010.JPG
[snip]
Thank you so much for posting. *I appreciate being able to see the new
service in operation from afar. *I note the implication that Brockley
Station is now "owned" by London Overground. *That is to say that the
TfL Roundel appears above the Network Rail Logo.

Don't want to bore anyone too much, but a correction and a
clarification follows...
[snip]
(b) Brockley station - and all the other LO managed stations, remain
in Network Rail ownership (though E27002's use of quotation marks
above suggest he knew as much). The tenant is basically TfL London
Rail, and day to day management is done by TfL's chosen operator LOROL
- but I think TfL's London Rail division are rather more involved in
'bigger stuff' like renovation projects etc.

Thank you for clarifying this Mizter T. *I know that the real estate
at Brockley belonged to Network Rail. *My understanding is that
according to convention the body with "operational ownership" had
their logo placed uppermost. *

It's a bit more complex than that - see my reply to Paul Scott's post
on this subject. If it was an LU station then the red LU roundel would
certainly be on top, as it is at Whitechapel, but at LO managed
stations then whether the orange LO roundel or the NR double-arrow
symbol is on top depends on whether or not it's defined as being an
'interchange' "with the rest of the National
Rail network" (and only if it's owned by Network Rail too).

By my estimation at New Cross Gate (to take one example) the NR logo
should be on top - I was there on Sunday... but I didn't notice! I'll
keep my eyes open.

[snip] And, AFIK (please correct me) the
original East London stretch remains the property (in the real estate
sense) of TfL.

Yes - though it was transferred internally within TfL from LUL to the
London Rail division. The new bits of the line north up to Dalston
Junction also belong to TfL London Rail.