Old May 24th 10, 08:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

On May 24, 8:31*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
On May 24, 7:46 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
(b) Brockley station - and all the other LO managed stations, remain
in Network Rail ownership (though E27002's use of quotation marks
above suggest he knew as much). The tenant is basically TfL London
Rail, and day to day management is done by TfL's chosen operator
LOROL - but I think TfL's London Rail division are rather more
involved in 'bigger stuff' like renovation projects etc.

Everything in their own 'signs standards' suggests that sign is the
wrong way round, doesn't it?

Not sure about that actually - if memory serves me right, most of the
signs on the NLL are that way around, with the roundel at the top...
let me see... yes, roundel at the top, NR symbol below - examples:
---quote---
Where an Overground station interchanges with the rest of the National
Rail network and that property is owned by National Rail, it is the
National Rail logo that is displayed before the Overground roundel.
---/quote---

I've just thought of something else - which might add to the confusion.

The design standards refer to 'owned by National Rail' - if we read that as
'owned by a National Rail TOC', where 'owned by' is short for 'station
facility operator is' it makes sense. The station in this case is 'owned by
LO' even though the freeholder is Network Rail. IYSWIM...

Aha - and whoops - must admit I had speed-read that as being 'owned by
*Network Rail*', as opposed to "owned by National Rail". The plot
thickens - though perhaps it simply means 'part of the National Rail
network' , which is synonymous with 'owned by Network Rail'.

That would make some sense, because otherwise it would read as if TfL
were trying to impose their design guidelines on the (other) TOCs
'own' stations.

That said, the "Overground Network"-style line diagram signs - that
is, the *old* Overground Network (aka ON), the brand name now being
defunct, and not to be confused with TfL's own "London Overground" -
both continue to exist and new ones continue to be installed at
stations all over Greater London (i.e. far outside the south London
patch that the ON scheme covered - e.g. Dagenham Dock to name but one
example I saw recently.)

For those befuddled, this is the internet archive copy of the *old*
Overground Network website from 2006:
http://web.archive.org/web/200601101...ndnetwork.com/