Old May 24th 10, 08:36 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

On May 24, 8:50*pm, Stephen Furley wrote:

On 24 May, 20:30, Mizter T wrote:

Also, a week or so ago I dug up various bits and pieces on the web
about the situation at Brockley - seems TfL are aware of it, not least
because of the complaints that have come their way. There was also
talk of plans for a rebuild at Brockley so as to accommodate the
expected growth in passenger numbers that the ELL is expected to
generate.

Could there possibly be any case to be made for re-opening, or rather
be-building since almost nothing now remains of the original, of
Brockley Lane station as an interchange?

To be horribly boring, I'm afraid I don't think a decent case could
really be made that would justify such expenditure. I admit that
standing on the platforms at Brockley it does seem like a good idea
that those trains passing over the bridge should stop there too.

(If the SLL replacement service from Victoria to Bellingham, and
possibly beyond, had got the go ahead then Brockley-area pax could
have headed down to Crofton Park to catch this, but alas it's not to
be. One can still catch a Blackfriars-and-beyond-bound train from
Crofton Park to Nunhead or Denmark Hill and change for a Victoria
train.)