Old May 24th 10, 08:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Extended East London Line opens fully today

On May 24, 8:35*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

MIG wrote:
Back in February I posted that standard announcements on Brockley
station were preceded by "Southern Railway on behalf of London
Overground ..."

I assume that it was/is still staffed by Southern, with new rules
imposed at a distance by LO who have no idea about the implications of
totally f*cking idiotic decisions like locking the main exit in the
rush hour.

No, I think the staff were 'TUPE'd over last September, (or it might have
been at the SN franchise change date), [...]

Which was last September! 20 Sept. to be precise.

[...] but the automatic and 'human' PA
announcements are still run by SN, from their existing control centre. Given
the auto announcments are fully integrated with the signalling system, you'd
expect that to take a bit of altering...

Might not the new LO ELL control centre at NX Gate do any long-line PA
announcements, the 'human' ones at least?