Old May 25th 10, 02:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Eurostar and Stratford International

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

The BBC report the fact that:

"A £210m station which was due to help bring in people from abroad to
the London 2012 Olympic Games may never have an international
service..."
Correct me if I've got this wrong, but isn't the bit about 'bringing
people to the games' bolloc#s anyway?

Wasn't it announced yonks ago that even if Eurostar HAD been stopping
at Stratford International, calls would cease during the games,
because all four platforms would be used by the 'Olympic Javelin'
service, with the two dedicated international platforms temporarily
modified to UK height platforms?

Yes, that's how I remember it too. But I daresay many people just
automatically assumed that there would be direct Paris-Stratford Olympic
trains during the games. There were even jokes about how London should
have sub-contracted the 2012 Olympics to Paris, once we realised just
how much it was going to cost, with British spectators who turned up at
Stratford being whisked directly across the Channel.