Old May 25th 10, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Updated TfL Real Time Web Page

On 25 May, 15:41, "Recliner" wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote in message

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 04:41:52AM -0700, Neil Williams wrote:
On 24 May, 13:36, MIG wrote:
Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?
It's a very light shade of grey - could do with being made slightly
darker IMO.

Surely it would be better to grey out the bits that *aren't* working!

The whole point of the map is to draw attention to the bits that aren't
working. That way, you can quickly spot if your proposed journey is
likely to be affected.

This map doesn't give the option of toggling between the full map and
the out of action bits, as the map on the main site did.

What's really needed is a three-way toggle (or tick boxes), ie all/
running only/not running only, so that punters can plan a route based
on what's actually running.

The current version only works if you have memorised the whole map and
need only know what isn't running (particularly given that the grey
bits aren't even visible till you expand it so much that you can only
see a tiny corner of the map). I doubt if that's true of the majority
of visitors to the site, although it's fine for me.