Old May 25th 10, 05:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Eurostar and Stratford International

On May 25, 3:54*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
The BBC report the fact that:

"A £210m station which was due to help bring in people from abroad to the
London 2012 Olympic Games may never have an international service..."

[http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/10154343.stm]

Correct me if I've got this wrong, but isn't the bit about 'bringing people
to the games' bolloc#s anyway?

Wasn't it announced yonks ago that even if Eurostar HAD been stopping at
Stratford International, calls would cease during the games, because all
four platforms would be used by the 'Olympic Javelin' service, with the two
dedicated international platforms temporarily modified to UK height
platforms?

It's *never ever* been part of the plan to provide a Eurostar service
at Stratford International during the period of the Games - the
station will only be used to service the St Pancras - Stratford -
Ebbsfleet "Olympic Javelin" shuttle service, with Eurostar trains
passing straight through.

So yes, it's utter bolloc#s.