Old May 25th 10, 06:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Eurostar and Stratford International

On May 25, 6:57*pm, Bruce wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2010 16:26:32 +0100, "Robin" wrote:

I think you'll find a fair few self-aggrandising Ministers (now former
Ministers) who wanted the games. *But if you, quite reasonably, don't
count them as people I do of course withdraw my comment.

For that matter, not many backbenchers or opposition MPs opposed the
bid. *But then no one was going to repeat the lessons of the Dome, were
they?

Compared to the 2012 Olympics, the Dome was a bargain.

The 2012 Games does at least have a solid focus, unlike the Dome.

Plus, what's your take on how it will promote the image of London and
Britain abroad, both in terms of tourism and in a wider sense as a
place where things can be done. It might even help to convince some
Brits that a 'can do' spirit isn't something to be mocked but
celebrated. Plus there's all the regenerative effects of the Games on
east London.

Mock away...