Old May 25th 10, 07:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Eurostar and Stratford International

On 25 May, 19:10, Mizter T wrote:
On May 25, 6:20*pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:

On 25/05/2010 15:54, Paul Scott wrote:

The BBC report the fact that:

"A £210m station which was due to help bring in people from abroad to the
London 2012 Olympic Games may never have an international service..."

Correct me if I've got this wrong, but isn't the bit about 'bringing people
to the games' bolloc#s anyway?

Not if you read it somewhat pedantically as (station due to help bring
in people (some from abroad)) will (never have an international
service). While Eurostar wasn't going to stop at Stratford during the
games, the station is certainly intended to bring in spectators, and
some of these will be from abroad - they will just change at St Pancras
or Ebbsfleet to reach Stratford. And hurrah for a correct use of Javelin.