Old May 25th 10, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube map May 2010 version

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

I think it's nothing more than changed thinking about how to best
represent such interchanges - there seems to be various schools of
thought on this, and which one has the upper hand shifts over time.
(Perhaps market research suggested that many passengers genuinely
didn't realise how close the Hammersmith H&C/Circle station was -
combined with the increased frequency as a result of the Circle line
T-cup changes, this new look on the map might help to persuade more
passengers to use it... I'm speculating of course...)

Indeed so. Didn't the simplification that included removing the Thames and
the zones from the map also amalgamate most multi-disc interchanges into
single discs?

--
Colin Rosenstiel