Old July 14th 03, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Crossrail alignment

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
- The line will pass beneath the existing LTS/DLR interchange at

Limehouse,
but will have no interchange anywhere with LTS, nor will it have any
interchange anywhere with the Tower Gateway - Limehouse - Beckton

services.
The most infuriating part for the LTS passengers will be that LTS trains
will run alongside Crossrail trains south of Bow.

Typical.

I was just wondering if it would interchange with the Piccadilly, apart
from at Heathrow. It must cross it at least twice.

I think one of the Kingston options involves tunnelling to Gunnersbury,
taking over District services and compensating by creating a new interchange
at Chiswick Park. Whether this would also interchange with Piccadilly
services isn't clear though.

If you were thinking of serving passengers from the northern (eastern?) part
of the line, no. Which is possibly an oversight, since the Victoria doesn't
interchange either. The alternative is taking NR suburban services to
Moorgate I guess... but that's very awkward.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7