Old May 26th 10, 07:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Updated TfL Real Time Web Page

On Tue, 25 May 2010, Recliner wrote:

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 04:41:52AM -0700, Neil Williams wrote:
On 24 May, 13:36, MIG wrote:
Is it just my screen, or is the whole map invisible apart from the
closed bits?
It's a very light shade of grey - could do with being made slightly
darker IMO.

Surely it would be better to grey out the bits that *aren't* working!

The whole point of the map is to draw attention to the bits that aren't
working. That way, you can quickly spot if your proposed journey is
likely to be affected.

The trouble is that it does that by showing the line in its normal
appearance. There's nothing in the image to suggest that it means
brokenness.

There was a brilliant format i saw a while ago that now seems to have died
out where the broken bits were written as a stream of X marks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twic/538554435/

We need something like that. Or putting a flashing orange border round the
broken bits or something.

tom

--
uk.local groups TO BE RENAMED uk.lunatic.fringe groups