Old May 26th 10, 09:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Salmon[_4_] John Salmon[_4_] is offline

Default Milton Keynes - Croydon

"Paul Scott" wrote
I understand the extension of most SN WLL services through to South
Croydon hasn't happened yet. Is this an infrastructure problem that is
being kept quiet?

I thought new turnback signalling had already 'been provided' for this,
and it was required for the current timetable period?

http://www.southernrailway.com/south...e-they-travel/

"We will not be able to extend the off peak West London Line service as far
as South Croydon from the timetable change on 23 May 2010. We had planned
to extend the off peak service to South Croydon from East Croydon station
where it stops now. However, in order to do this some essential work is
required to the infrastructure and Network Rail has not been able to
complete the work in time for 23 May. The service will therefore continue
to terminate at East Croydon. The additional peak train planned at 0835
from South Croydon to Shepherds Bush calling at all stations via Norbury
will start instead from East Croydon at 0839. We will be working with
Network Rail to confirm completion of the work and secure a date on which we
will be able to extend the service."

The crossover north of South Croydon was installed in December 2008.
Presumably its commissioning has been delayed.