Old May 27th 10, 06:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Post office railway reuse

In message , "
writes

On 26/05/2010 07:18, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
lonelytraveller writes

The post office railway is disused.

It is a shame, though, that it hasn't been put to some good use since
its closure.

Any potential excursions for the public?

A miniature underground heritage line in the middle of central London
could be a marvellous tourist attraction, even if passengers don't get
to see much out of the window.

IIRC, the railway was never used by postal employees for transport
purposes.

No, but it did have a carriage with seats for VIPs, hauled by a battery
loco. I have a feeling George V got a ride, and certainly John Noakes
did for Blue Peter some time in the 1970s.

I don't know if any really serious track bashers ever posted themselves
in large cardboard containers to try to do the line.
--
Paul Terry