Old May 27th 10, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Post office railway reuse

On 27/05/2010 11:21, John Salmon wrote:
"Paul Terry" wrote

I don't know if any really serious track bashers ever posted
themselves in large cardboard containers to try to do the line.

Several 'really serious track bashers' (including me) have ridden over
(part of) the line. We had permission, so we didn't have to disguise
ourselves as parcels!

What have they done with the line since its closure?

I must say that I am surprised that they closed it, especially as London
is trying to cut down on carbon emissions.

The Post Office railway skirts through traffic, emits no exhaust fumes
and could possibly carry much more than any lorrie -- or at least make
much more frequent runs.