Old May 28th 10, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default "£30m sits unused on London Oyster travel cards"

"Mizter T" wrote in message

Average of £1.80 sits on each idle card.

An average of £1.80 (idle for more than a year) probably just indicates that
small sums of that nature are below most people's radar - it's probably a
lot less that the error you'd expect if I trying to guess the quantity of
change in your back pocket...

There's probably about £15.00 on mine, unused for two years because I always
use travelcards if just up for the day. I just see it as a £15 note in my
wallet that I keep to one side.

Paul S