Old May 28th 10, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default "£30m sits unused on London Oyster travel cards"

On 2010-05-28 12:43:18 +0100, Recliner said:

"MIG" wrote in message

On 28 May, 11:15, Mizter T wrote:

Average of £1.80 sits on each idle card.

That's the whole point, isn't it?

But the figure for the nominal value of remaining periods on seasons
would no doubt be a lot more.

But these are cards that haven't been used for at least a year.
Presumably they are mostly tourists or Londoners who have mislaid
unregistered cards.

Or people like me who live outside London and visit now and again, and
who have several cards so that I can travel with family members or lend
the cards to others. I have one card that may not have been used for a
year or two.