Old May 28th 10, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim[_3_] Jim[_3_] is offline

Default "£30m sits unused on London Oyster travel cards"

In article 46e601b1-0eb2-4377-98ff-682db17af974
@c11g2000vbe.googlegroups.com, says...

On May 28, 12:33*pm, MIG wrote:

On 28 May, 11:15, Mizter T wrote:

Average of £1.80 sits on each idle card.

That's the whole point, isn't it?

But the figure for the nominal value of remaining periods on seasons
would no doubt be a lot more.

Sorry, my summary should have been clearer - the crucial word above is
"idle" - as Recliner states, these are cards that haven't been used
for a year, specifically for the financial year April 2009 to April
2010.

My card became idle once my Freedom Pass became available at all times
on buses and underground.

It will see use again for the odd early journey now that my local rail
station has become Oysterized.