Old January 19th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Do you live above a tube tunnel?

In message , A H
writes
Flat and tube line still there, I went back last October for a
visit.......but there is subsidence in that part of the West End of Glasgow,
close to where 2 lines cross beneath the Great Western Road. A number of
theatres in the city are located above underground lines (Theatre Royal,
Royal Concert Hall, Atheneum, Tron, Kings, Mitchell - during quiet moments
trains can be heard rumbling nearby. I'm sure it's the same in London )

It certainly is in Birmingham, where the Repertory Theatre is above the
Monument Lane tunnel into New Street Station. The vibrations can
definitely be felt there!

(Although the nearby Symphony Hall is also above the tunnels and no
vibration is apparent there due to some *very* extensive soundproofing
which sees the hall effectively "float" on rubber insulation.
Expensive but effective.)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for