Old May 29th 10, 11:31 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default "Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

On Fri, 28 May 2010, Willms wrote:

Am Thu, 27 May 2010 18:55:59 UTC, schrieb allantracy
auf uk.railway :

I don't know why we bother with Europe, the whole thing is flawed, we
would be much better off with the dollar and become the 51st state and
we could go back to Imperial measurements far better than all this
foreign muck that no one wants.

Just as George Orwell layed out the basis of his "1984".

We were an airstrip in that, not a state.

If we did join the US, i'd hope we wouldn't be a state - with twice the
population of California, we should be at least two. We wouldn't get our
fair share of senators otherwise. In fact, this could be the great day of
devolution: Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland could all join as states
completely separate from England, and England could split into North and
South. Or perhaps revert to the seven Anglo-Saxon kingdoms?

tom

--
Also, thinking about that Velociraptor thing, I think -- what with having
trained on turkeys, guineafowl, geese, large chickens, swans and peacocks