Old January 19th 04, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fustanella Fustanella is offline

Default parking in South Kensington: advice needed!

reasons. How difficult is it to find a parking place on the street? Is it
as
bad as Manhattan, or do you just need to go around the block a couple

times?
And is S. Kensington (by the Gloucester Rd. tube stop) considered within

the
central district where the levee is assessed?

We stayed at a hotel caddy-corner from the Gloucester Rd Tube station last
March. Parking was barely prevalent - which we expected, and is why we
placed ourselves near a few transit options rather than hiring a car.

I'd really revisit the idea of taking a car into the area, if the parking
garages' fees I did see were any indication - ouch. You'll probably save
money overall by using the ubiquitous taxis.

That area is not within the congestion-charging zone unless it's been
expanded somewhat from last year.