Old May 29th 10, 10:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default "Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

On Sat, 29 May 2010 14:58:55 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

With all the problems with the escalators between from the National
Rail and LU at Euston, I wonder if we might see the middle staircase
here converted to an escalator. There is a new lift and alternative
stairs available now, so people who don't like escalators have a
choice, and it should save having to impose the one-way system (during
the peak) when an escalator is broken.

I've seen the lifts but didn't notice any other stairs - are those by
the lifts? Might be inclined to use those as a good way to skip the
crowds, just like the very useful "emergency" staircase from the
Vic/Bank branch northbound platforms that I use pretty much every
time.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.