Old May 29th 10, 10:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default "Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

On May 29, 11:10*pm, Neil Williams
wrote:
On Sat, 29 May 2010 14:58:55 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

With all the problems with the escalators between from the National
Rail and LU at Euston, I wonder if we might see the middle staircase
here converted to an escalator. *There is a new lift and alternative
stairs available now, so people who don't like escalators have a
choice, and it should save having to impose the one-way system (during
the peak) when an escalator is broken.

I've seen the lifts but didn't notice any other stairs - are those by
the lifts? *Might be inclined to use those as a good way to skip the
crowds, just like the very useful "emergency" staircase from the
Vic/Bank branch northbound platforms that I use pretty much every
time.

Yes, the stairs are by the lift, If you go down the escalator from the
mainline concourse, you can see the lift and the bottom of the
staircase straight ahead. The stairs bring you out in the south west
corner of the concourse, by the exit closest to the Network Rail
offices.