Old May 29th 10, 10:51 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Andrew Price Andrew Price is offline

Default Imperial measurements was "Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

On Fri, 28 May 2010 21:58:50 -0700, Nobody wrote:

Ah, the US liquid measurement isn't the same as Imperial.

I think it probably was, until the UK standardised the gallon in the
19th century as being that volume of water which weighs ten pounds.
Before that, I suspect that the gallon was identical on both sides of
the pond.