Old July 14th 03, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
nmtop40 nmtop40 is offline

Default Crossrail funding approved

Matthew Malthouse wrote in message ...
At least that's what the Evening Standard headline said. I only had time
to skim the first couple of pars and the only other point I saw was that
it was unlikely to be complete in time for a possible Olympics in 2012
in part because enabling legislation was unlikely before next year.

Matthew

presumably this is the E/W line through the middle of London.

But is it really really necessary?

It's a connecting line around London we need, not more lines going
through the middle of it.