Old May 30th 10, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Imperial measurements was "Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third

In article ,
(Andrew Price) wrote:

On Fri, 28 May 2010 21:58:50 -0700, Nobody wrote:

Ah, the US liquid measurement isn't the same as Imperial.

I think it probably was, until the UK standardised the gallon in the
19th century as being that volume of water which weighs ten pounds.
Before that, I suspect that the gallon was identical on both sides of
the pond.

Only in the sense that it was even less consistent, I expect!

--
Colin Rosenstiel