Old June 1st 10, 09:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default "Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:17:56 +0100
"Tim Fenton" wrote:
"kev" wrote in message

Any idea what else has been chopped with Boris's £5bn cuts? I've never
come across a breakdown of the figure. I know he claimed a lot of it
was due to the Metronet work being taken back in house. Also,
presumably part of the figure is the planned cut to the bus subsidy?

You can add in Bozza's daft phasing out of bendies, his obsession with the
Not Very New Not Anything Like A Routemaster, and scrapping the WEZ.

You'd think given the current financial situation that boris would have
swallowed his pride and just left bendies on the roads and saved the money
spent on this daft new routemaster for more important areas. But I guess
despite the unconventional character he's a very conventional politician
when it comes down to it - full of his own self importance and blind to
reality when it diverges from his opinions.

B2003