Old June 2nd 10, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default North London Line - Caledonian Road to Canonbury

On 02/06/2010 19:41, Dr. Sunil wrote:
On 2 June, 19:32, Stephen wrote:
On 2 June, 17:40, "Dr. wrote:

Actually W Croydon does have a roundel around the side entrance,
fronting the Sutton platform:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index...t_Croydon_stn_...

But not at the main entrance, I haven't looked? That would be odd,
isn't this side entrance normally closed? It was in use last weekend
to provide quick access to the replacement bus service to Sutton etc.

The main entrance on Sunday 23rd:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...lding_2010.JPG

I honestly don't know the policy regarding the side entrance.
Sometimes it's open at weekends. I took the picture I showed you in
the previous message on Sunday 30th. It was open that day too.
It was also open on a Sunday round about Christmas 2009, with the old
Southern signage:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...e_entrance.JPG

I've never seen the side door open except when there are replacement
buses running from West Croydon. In that shot you can just see (on the
bottom right of the door) the side of the leaning sign board which no
doubt says something to the effect of "rail replacement buses this way
---".

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK