Old June 3rd 10, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Wires or pantograph down on NLL, 2 June 2010

On Jun 3, 5:34*pm, "Richard J." wrote:
I understand that yesterday evening (2 June) there was some sort of
OHLE/pantograph problem between Camden Road and Kentish Town West which
resulted, so I'm told, in the whole of the NLL service being suspended,
as well as the WLL north of Shepherds Bush.

Can anyone throw any light on what actually happened? *Also, why
couldn't they at least run NLL/WLL services west and from Willesden
Junction?

Possibly my informant was misled by the Live Travel News on the TfL
site. *Due to a signal failure today at Norwood Junction (ELL), it
currently shows the entire London Overground network as affected by
severe delays: ELL/NLL/WLL/DC!

There is a post on "District Dave's" board that suggests the
widespread loss of service was the result of the initial power
isolations. Once breakers were used service was restored west of
Willesden Junction. It seems a Class 66 was used to tow out stranded
378s on the section that had no power.

I also note with some surprise that a signal failure at Norwood
Junction apparently now has the power to affect the Goblin and the
Euston - Watford service. Methinks the people updating the map haven't
quite got the hang of how the Overground network fits together or the
info they are receiving is less than clear - take your pick!

--
Paul C
via Google.