Old June 4th 10, 11:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wires or pantograph down on NLL, 2 June 2010

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
16:56:01 on Fri, 4 Jun 2010,
remarked:
It's not going well on LO this week. We have another "overhead
line problem" at Camden Road tonight.

Not just the NLL. The GN had a power supply problem at Potters Bar. We
came home on the 15:45 to Lynn via the Hertford Loop. 40 minutes late
at Cambridge.

Maybe it's a good idea that Network Rail is apparently having
second thoughts about extending electrification to more lines.

They haven't got any money for any other means of traction, nor the oil
supplies! Of course Notwork Rail don't have to find the traction.

Another baleful effect of the fragmented state of our railways. :-(

--
Colin Rosenstiel