Old January 19th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mathias Boelckow Mathias Boelckow is offline

Default London Tramway - Does anybody know persons to present the idea

Hello, hope I am right in this group.

I am an activist in the green party of Hamburg. Actually we are trying to
promote a new tramway-system for Hamburg. The old tramways last service was
in 1978.

We have now two major problems in the promotion of the system, that
contains a 42km network and will replace in the beginning some overcrowded
bus-lines and connect our Dockland like HafenCity. The first is, citizens
have still the old system in mind with cars from the 50ies, not very fast
and comfortable but noisy. The second is the prejudice that tramway-systems
are nothing for metropolis, that shall have metro-lines, but only for
smaller towns. And this is, when the London-tramway becomes interesting.

Does anyone here know people, who are definitely familiar with the Croydon
Tramway and may be interested to introduce this to a Hamburgian audience?
German would be great but (educated) English will be widely understood.

Mathias