Old June 7th 10, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wires or pantograph down on NLL, 2 June 2010

In message , at 13:21:59 on
Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Recliner remarked:
However, we have a different government now, new policy,
electrification cancelled, new electric traction at best postponed.
Put those together, and maybe they'll change their view - or maybe
they'll be nationalised, anything might happen.

I don't think anything has actually been cancelled yet,

I've been away, but was under the impression that the ambitious
electrification schemes had been. And the "intention to place new
rolling stock orders soon" has also been cancelled.

just that spending decisions for the current year are being
re-evaluated (and not just for rail orders). A few may go ahead in the
near future, others may be delayed for more than a year, and some will
be cancelled altogether.

But I think it's highly unlikely that any ROSCOs will be nationalised!

DaFT had a plan for a nationalised ROSCO. And if the current government
falls in maybe 3-4 years time and old-Lab get back in...