Old June 8th 10, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Senior Pass acceptance

On Jun 7, 2:38*pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
I don't use my Senior Pass a lot (we don't have that many buses round
here in rural Somerset) but when I do I get issued with a ticket. * I
was in London at the weekend and the drivers there were happy to have
me simply show it to them - didn't even have to place it on the
Oyster reader. * Was that correct? * How do London organise the
funding?

It's similar if you have a paper travelcard, but I think the drivers press
some sort of counter button. I don't know if they have different buttons
for different types of pass.

I did wonder about whether a button had been pushed so I started watching
and didn't see anything but that doesn't mean nothing happened.

The drivers in London basically don't give a damn. I've seen them
simply ignore bus passes. Sometimes if a lot of people get on they'll
wait, and then just before driving away press a button on the ticket
machine lots of times guessing how many passengers got on. But they
NEVER gve you a ticket. CJB.