Old June 8th 10, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Senior Pass acceptance

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 02:03:57 -0700 (PDT)
CJB wrote:
I did wonder about whether a button had been pushed so I started watching
and didn't see anything but that doesn't mean nothing happened.

The drivers in London basically don't give a damn. I've seen them
simply ignore bus passes. Sometimes if a lot of people get on they'll
wait, and then just before driving away press a button on the ticket

Can't blame them really. If you have the choice of finishing your shift on
time or quibbling with some geriatric or some yoof copping an attitude and
with a queue of 20 annoyed people wanting to board its a no brainer.

machine lots of times guessing how many passengers got on. But they
NEVER gve you a ticket. CJB.

Unless you need to claim expenses whats the point of a ticket anyway?
Its not like you need it to get off the bus like you need one to leave
a lot of train stations. Just a waste of paper.

B2003