Old June 8th 10, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default North London Line - Caledonian Road to Canonbury

On Jun 8, 1:40*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Paul Cummins" wrote in message

group.homeip.net... In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

Generally, the final signage on LO is similar in style to LU, eg
orange roundels for station names on platforms.

I love the irony that the London Overground line, on the one ocasion it
crosses the
subsurface London Underground line, is below it.

IIRC it runs below a "tube" line too, north of Richmond

Yes, and at West Hampstead. The North London Line also used to go below the
tube (Central Line) at Stratford.

My initial reaction to the London Overground corporate brand was that
it is unneeded. The converted lines could simply have functioned
under the "Underground" identity. However, the system does serve a
distinct function. As I have said elsewhere it is very much London's
railway for Londoners. Moreover, the branding is growing in its
appeal to me.