Old June 9th 10, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
James Heaton[_2_] James Heaton[_2_] is offline

Default 1928 equipment causing commuter misery at Edgware Road Tube

"bob" wrote in message
.

[1] having first encountered this interesting character in print, I
wondered for the longest time whether his name should be pronounced
"yerks" (to rhyme with jerks) or "yerkees" (to rhyme with turkeys).

have since been told be someone I am prepared to trust in the matter
that the second option is the correct one.

I read Rails Through the Clay a few weeks ago - a fascinating read
although not one to be undertaken lightly or when you don't have a lot
of time on your hands. They were fairly clear that the chap in
question was 'turkeys' rather than 'jerks'!

James