Old June 9th 10, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J[_2_] Graham J[_2_] is offline

Default Dalston to Enflield Town Chingford.

An alternative is to grab an eastbound 30 or 56 at Dalston Junction and
toddle 5-6 mins down the road to Hackney Downs. They stop right outside
and it's not a bad connection given the NXEA services are x15 most of
the time. The buses are typically very frequent most of the time too.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind if I try the journey again. It isn't an area
I know and I hadn't researched the route beforehand last time out. Having a
three year old with me limited the amount of improvisation that was
appropriate. My idea was to avoid as many changes as possible but the 149
journey was just too long and too boring for my son (and me come to that).

It is just as easy for me to get to East Croydon as Norwood Junction so it
might be that the most sensible route is to go to London Bridge, then bus to
Liverpool Street, then back on the train. FCC to Farringdon and then the
tube is an option but not quite so toddler friendly.

G.