Old June 11th 10, 07:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Passing through closed stations.

In message , Graham Harrison
writes
I passed through 3 closed Underground stations on the same day.
Warren Street (Victoria Line) - we stopped momentarily which I guess is
to do with ATO (doors did not open). Not sure about tape.
Wimbledon Park - passed without apparent slowing. Tape all round the
platform.
Notting Hill (Circle) - passed at a fast jog. Tape all round the platform.
Which set me wondering. What are the rules for passing through
stations where work is in progress?
And to expand slightly beyond LUL with Glastonbury approaching I know
they put a speed limit on trains passing through Castle Cary (20 mph I
believe) so do the same rules apply where large crowds are expected?

In the late 60s and early 70s LU trains had to drive though closed
stations at 5mph because of the short overlap, this did not apply to BR
as all their overlaps were standard regardless of line speed.
--
Clive