Old June 11th 10, 08:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Passing through closed stations.

And this neatly ties in with the other thread where old relays were
discussed, its not merely the train must be driven at 5 mph, the
relevant berth track will have a timer on it, the starter will not
clear if the timing values are not met by the train.

Even on the Victoria line, such control is *I think* not part of ATO
but ATP, altohugh what stops the train is again *I think* a code trip.
I have nothing to do with the Vic line old or new signals control so
am guessing, but it is true that old Vic line ATP is all trackside
based by relays (it certainly is on the Central) ; I am sure an expert
will be along to correct me if I be wrong.

--
Nick