Old June 12th 10, 09:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
darkprince66 darkprince66 is offline

Default Passing through closed stations.

On Jun 10, 7:28*am, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
I passed through 3 closed Underground stations on the same day.

Warren Street (Victoria Line) - we stopped momentarily which I guess is to
do with ATO (doors did not open). * Not sure about tape.
Wimbledon Park - passed without apparent slowing. * Tape all round the
platform.
Notting Hill (Circle) - passed at a fast jog. * Tape all round the platform.

Which set me wondering. * What are the rules for passing through stations
where work is in progress?

And to expand slightly beyond LUL with Glastonbury approaching I know they
put a speed limit on trains passing through Castle Cary (20 mph I believe)
so do the same rules apply where large crowds are expected?

In a similar manner to Castle Cary, there used to be 50mph limits
through Birmingham International when there was a major exhibition on
at the NEC, I don't think it applies anymore though.

Rich

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkprince66/