Old January 19th 04, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Northern Line worry

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, PS wrote:

I am always curious about why there's no lines like "Hyper Outer Circle"
nowadays. Maybe linking up Finchley, Hendon, Neasden and reaching
Willesden may be a funny idea after all.

There is the North London Line, which runs from Richmind, via Acton,
Willesden, Brondesbury, Hampstead, Kentish Town, Caledonian Road,
Islington, Dalston, and Hackney to Stratford (with some trains going on
via West Ham to Woolwich). It's a railway line rather than a tube line, so
it isn't terribly well-known. it also has pretty infrequent services
compared to the tube.

However, there isn't a southern half to that circle; there are a couple of
orbital lines in south London, but they don't join up (we'd need a rail
link over or under the river somewhere in Greenwich or Woolwich, to get
you from, say North Woolwich to Woolwich Dockyard, or Canning Town to, er,
Maze Hill or something, and then some fairly unlikely junctions and
rerouting in south London to join up at the other end). But it would be
cool.

tom

--
Chance? Or sinister scientific conspiracy?