Old June 13th 10, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Terminating in a through platform then returning "wrong direction"

On 13/06/2010 16:00, wrote:
Are there ever occasions during planned or unplanned service
disruption where an LU train heading say "eastbound" will require to
finish its journey in the "eastbound" platform of a two-platform
station, pick-up intending "westbound" passengers for the next
departure whilst still on the "eastbound" platform then head
"westbound" on the "eastbound" line in order to access a crossover to
the "westbound" line?

Yes. It definitely happened at a Central London station in the last 10
years, and all of the signs had to be covered up with temporary ones
specifying the other direction. I can't remember where or when, or even
whether I saw it personally or just saw the pictures in Underground News.