Old January 19th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Oyster cards - free journeys?

Jason wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:28:13 +0000 (UTC), james007
wrote:

On central London buses with a separate conductor, I notice that my
OysterCard is visually checked, but that's it. I could only have a
PrePay, and be getting my journey free.

This is why the "record card" system that is supposed to accompany an
Oyster has been such a fiasco. If record cards were issued as a matter
of policy and carrying it was compulsory, this couldn't happen.

On NR journeys from Kings Cross north via Finsbury Park, again, I've
only seen visual checking of OysterCards.

Someone here (Dave Newt?) reported that on the WAGN Liverpool Street -
Chingford line RPIs have Oyster readers.

Yep - only once in the evening, but then I only use the line once every
few weeks.