Old June 14th 10, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR - RMT Strike action

On 12 June, 14:03, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Surprised this hasn't come up yet.

More pay requested because of increased workload and responsibility
following three car introduction.

Paul S

What is the source for that, by the way?

All I can find on the RMT site about the DLR is this (dated 13 June).

"In the ballot that closed today, RMT's 250 Serco/DLR members voted
for strike action and for action short of strike against plans that
include cutting safety-critical platform staff, cutting station
assistants' pay by up to £5,000 and doing away with more than half the
current station supervisors.

"We told the company that its plans were unacceptable, and now our
members have delivered a decisive mandate for industrial action to
defend these safety-critical jobs," RMT general secretary Bob Crow
said today.

"However it is dressed up, this re-organisation means a cut in safety-
critical staff and fewer people on duty on a railway where most
stations are already unstaffed, and it means the downgrading of the
skills of those station staff that remain.

"RMT members across the company have rallied to defend their
colleagues' jobs and to prevent watering down of safety standards, and
they are to be congratulated for their stand.

"We remain ready to talk about the serious issues involved, but our
members have voted for action and Serco should understand that their
choice is to talk seriously or face the prospect of industrial
action," Bob Crow said."