Old June 15th 10, 07:52 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
E27002 E27002 is offline

Default Crossrail - Transport Secretary's statement

On Jun 15, 12:06*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Jun 15, 7:10*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

...during his visit to Canary Wharf station site.

Hammond said: "The Government is committed to this project."
He added: "We have no plans to reduce its scope. We want this project to be
delivered in its entirety," he said. But he added that the Government wanted
to ensure that Crossrail was delivered "with maximum value for the
taxpayer".

Which I suppose could be interpreted as 'we want the full scheme but
we want to pay less for it' - likewise, it could also be interpreted
as 'we want the full scheme but we definitely don't want any cost
overruns on it'.

Worth watching the whole of the BBC video included on the webpage, the
interviewer seems to cover most of the obvious questions ...

Yes, a good interview - UIVMM the (unseen) questioner is Tom Edwards,
BBC London's transport correspondent, who seems pretty on the ball -
he also has a blog on transport issues in London called 'Mind the Gap'
he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mindthegap/

From what I can tell, from afar, BBC London seems to have found itself
a worthwhile role these days. I remember the early days of BBC Radio
London in the 1970s. It really seemed to struggle.