Old June 18th 10, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Terminating in a through platform then returning "wrongdirection"

On Jun 14, 8:12*am, dB wrote:

I've seen it happen a couple of times at Northolt on the Central line,
where a westbound train is reversed without going into the siding. I
don't know why they don't do it more often, as it does speed up the process.

There is one daily booked Northolt reverser that does exactly that -
its a so called ''rusty rail'' move to keep things activated.

If you really wish to know I could look it up, i can't recall the
precise details. I know it is in the current WTT64 and in the
forthcoming WTT65 is its existence produced odd results on serious
work related Central Line simulations I was running ((problem being
the simulator not set up for moves like this.))

--
Nick