Old June 19th 10, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default London Assembly Tories propose driverless Tube trains

In message
,
Mizter T wrote:

All trains on the London Underground should be driverless, according
to the Conservative group on the London Assembly.

I suspect Bob Crow's analysis - that this is a bit of kite-flying - is
probably on the money.

The new signalling being designed for the Piccadilly Line involved
driverless trains.

If a train needed to be driven manually because of a problem, it would
be driven by someone sitting in the control centre looking at the view
from a camera mounted at the front of the train.

I don't know the current state of this project - it's been a couple of
years since I talked with my source on this.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org